Why Do I Need AC Maintenance Now?
An air conditioner (AC), just like a car, needs regular maintenance and service to run efficiently. At All Seasons Comfort Control, we recommend getting your air conditioning unit serviced and cleaned at least once a year. The optimum time is in the spring to ensure your system will run with the most efficiency during the hottest summer months. You need to be able to rely on your air conditioner for your comfort here in Newtown.
Why Is Maintenance Important?
The short answer is it saves you money!
Your air conditioner collects dust and dirt continuously as it sits throughout the year here in Pennslyvania, not only in the months when it’s running. Though this tiny debris may not seem harmful, when it accumulates throughout the year, it can make its way into the cracks and crevices of your unit, as well as everywhere else. This creates gunk and wreaks havoc on the different parts involved in the cooling process.
When this happens, parts break down much sooner than expected and can add up to costly repairs. It also decreases the life expectancy of your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, forcing you to purchase a new air conditioner much sooner than you may have planned.
Regular air conditioning maintenance also supports your system’s energy efficiency. Simple acts you can perform yourself, like replacing a dirty and clogged air filter, can reduce your energy consumption by 5 to 15 percent, according to the US Department of Energy (DOE).
This translates to you spending less money on your utility bills. Professional and DIY maintenance alleviates higher bills and keeps your air conditioner working at its manufacturer’s intended efficiency.
Even if you are fastidious with doing your own regular home maintenance, you should always have your unit cleaned and checked in the spring by one of our professionals (if not more throughout the year).
There are many tasks only a professional technician is trained and certified to perform. Neglecting these professional tasks constitutes poor maintenance and will negatively affect your system in the long run, again, costing you money. This typically also voids your system’s manufacturer warranty.
What Can I Expect My Technician to Do During My Regular Maintenance?
Here’s a brief overview of what our knowledgeable and experienced technicians do during your air conditioning maintenance appointment:
• Clean and check condenser coils and evaporators, if necessary.
• Clean and adjust blower components for proper system airflow to create increased comfort levels.
• Check ducts for debris, and if debris is present, remove it to allow for maximum airflow.
• Clean and check aluminum fins. If they are crushed or bent in any fashion, this affects proper air distribution.
• Inspect internal parts for broken, chipped, or other damage, which may not be easily noticed. If your air conditioner continues to run with damaged parts or areas, your system will eventually fail.
• Clean and check condensate drain, to prevent any blockages or mold buildup. Backups can cause water damage to equipment.
• Tighten connections, both mechanical and electrical. Loose connections cause incorrect operations.
• Check coolant level for leaks. Leaks prevent your air conditioner from working, and the refrigerant could damage anything it touches.
• Check system’s thermostat for accuracy.
• Check system controls to be sure all works safely.
• Provide you with a summary of work performed and share any findings regarding needed repairs or upgrades, as well as maintenance you can perform yourself between maintenance visits.
Schedule Your Maintenance Today
Don’t delay in scheduling your air conditioner maintenance here in Newtown, PA, with our All Seasons Comfot Control professionals. With spring now here, our calendar is quickly filling. Call us at 215-860-0111 or request service online today to be sure your maintenance is done before you need to use your system this year!