Mitsubishi Electric Heating and Cooling Overview
Take command of your energy bills and your comfort with room-by-room control, a more efficient way to heat and cool your home or business.
Unparalleled Quality, Unwavering Control
Mitsubishi Electric is the leading brand of zoned air conditioning and heating systems, offering cleaner air and superior control of the temperature and comfort of your home and your monthly energy bill.
Quiet, intelligent and efficient, these systems provide excellent service life with a lower ownership cost.
Determine Your Own Comfort Zones
With Mitsubishi technology, it’s easy to set up different “zones” for your bedrooms, kitchen, living room, basement, etc. to ensure that each space always feels comfortable.
Just determine which temperature you want for each zone and the system will quietly maintain that setting using the least amount of energy. You have the option to not heat or cool unused rooms for added savings.
Mitsubishi puts comfort in your hands
A zoned heating and air conditioning system has three key components: the outdoor unit, the indoor unit and the smart comfort controls.
The system works by transferring heat to and from an outdoor unit to one or more indoor units. The units are connected by pipes containing refrigerant, which absorbs heat.
In cooling mode, the refrigerant absorbs the heat in your home and creates colder air by transferring refrigerant from the indoor units to the outdoor unit, which expels the heat.
This process is reversed in heating model the refrigerant absorbs heat from outside and warms the home by transferring the refrigerant from the outdoor unit to the indoor unit. This method of heat transfer – effective even in freezing weather – is powered by electricity and much greener than systems that heat using fossil fuels.
The outdoor unit has an INVERTER that lets it quickly change the level of power it uses and the amount of refrigerant passing between units. With the INVERTER, the outdoor unit uses just the precise amount of power to reach each zone’s preferred temperature.
Maximum efficiency, minimal energy bills
Less sophisticated HVAC systems run at full power until they reach a set temperature, then shut down, only to restart – sometimes within the span of an hour – as the temperature becomes uncomfortable. Each time the system turns on the outdoor unit, it uses more energy than during regular operation.
But the INVERTER at the heart of this Mitsubishi system doesn’t need this wasteful start/stop cycle. The system will automatically adjust conditioning as the sensors detect even minor changes. You won’t need to think about your system or – thanks to the quiet operations – even hear it.
Rooms or heated and cooled with greater speed and efficiency, with the INVERTER regulating energy consumption so that you only use the precise amount of power you need. It’s greener and more sustainable than conventional systems and can reduce energy consumption by as much as 40 percent.
Outdoor and indoor units, available in single and multi-zone options.
With single zone equipment, one outdoor unit connects to an indoor unit, an ideal option if you only need to heat or cool a single space.
In a multi-zone set-up, one outdoor unit can connect up to eight indoor unit, a perfect solutions for cooling or heating multiple rooms with different functions (a kitchen vs. a nursery, for example).
Each zone is served by its indoor unit, which are available in a range of different forms (wall-mounted, floor-mounted, ceiling cassettes and air handlers).
While wall-mounted units tend to be most popular, the floor-mounted option could work for a sunroom with windows but no wall space.
Higher performance air handlers can replace older systems, such as a central air system or boiler that had been used to cool or heat an open space.
You can breathe easier with our indoor units
These indoor units don’t just create the perfect temperature. They’re also working constantly to keep the air free from allergens, dust, viruses and bacteria.
Each room’s indoor unit it outfitted with filters to directly improve your air quality (compared to conventional systems, which have one filter in the central unit.) These filters are washable and can last up to 10 years, saving you on maintenance costs.
Filters for Mitsubishi indoor units include:
- Nano Platinum, which incorporates nanometer-sized platinum ceramic particles that deodorize air and eliminate bacteria.
- Deodorizing Filter, which use nanotechnology to absorb and neutralize odors
- Anti-Allergy Enzyme Filter, an electrostatic, anti-allergy enzyme filter that uses an enzyme catalyst to break down and turn allergen proteins into non-allergen proteins. Perfect for people with pet allergies.
Smart comfort solutions designed around you
3D i-see Sensor
Available with select indoor units, this sensor increases the sensitivity of your system to your comfort needs, allowing you to customize comfort levels in your home or business.
The sensor scans rooms to create a thermal profile that includes heat signatures based on size, temperature and movement. This capability lets the sensor detect and eliminate cold spots or hot spots and determine whether a room is occupied.
Here are some of the ways your indoor units can automatically adjust conditioning and air flow based on the 3D i-see sensor:
- Advanced occupant detection – Select ceiling recessed indoor unit models come with sensor that rotate 360 degrees in three-minute intervals so the units can detect human body temps and use an algorithm that calculates the number of people in the room and their positions.
- Indirect airflow – This setting is useful for when you don’t want air blowing directly on you.
- Direct airflow – And this setting lets the unit send airflow right to you.
- Absence detection – If no one is in the room, the sensor can direct your indoor units to go into an energy saving mode.
Which outdoor unit is right for me?
The days of the noisy outdoor unit are over. The Mitsubishi Electric version of this technology operates as low as 46 decibels, the noise level of a typical conversation.
Each unit has a space-saving, compact design and is available in a range of sizes to meet different heating and cooling requirements
Available as a cooling-only, heat pump or hyper-heating heat pump, each outdoor unit connects to a single indoor unit via refrigerant lines. These outdoor units have INVERTER-driven compressors that use just the precise amount of energy necessary to keep a space comfortable.
Available as a cooling-only, heat pump or hyper heating heat pump, each outdoor unit connects to a up to eight indoor units using refrigerant lines. These outdoor units have INVERTER-driven compressors that use just the precise amount of energy necessary to keep a space comfortable.
Which indoor unit is right for me?
Mitsubishi Electric lets you choose from a wide range of indoor units that match the cooling and heating needs, aesthetic and use of your space.
- Wall mounted units – The most popular and versatile Mitsubishi indoor units, these are slim, stylist and equipped with filters to clean indoor air. Mounted high on the wall, they’re ideal for conditioning individual rooms. Does not require ductwork.
- Ceiling mounted units – Options for these units include ductless cassettes installed flush to the ceiling and ductless ceiling suspended units for light commercial settings.
- Floor mounted units – These slender units can be mounted partially recessed into the wall. A great option when replacing radiators in a home, store or restaurant or if you want a unit in an attic or sunroom.
- Horizontal-ducted units – Flexible in design and great for residential and hospitality settings, these units can be hidden under the floor or in the ceiling.
- Ducted air handlers – Designed with compact cabinets, these units provide powerful, efficient heating and cooling regardless of ductwork. A perfect solution for new buildings, or when you need to upgrade or replace furnaces or air handlers.