February brings us Valentine’s Day, a chance for people to show their loved ones that they’re loved.
But what about your HVAC system? When was the last time you showed it some love? We’d be hard-pressed to argue that your heating system is a member of the family, but it is an important part of your home. When you give it the care and maintenance it needs, it will take care of you.
Here are a few things you can do to keep your HVAC system happy this year.
1. Check or change your filters
Your HVAC filters help clean your system and keep dust and allergens out of the air. You should change these filters at least every three months, or more if you have pets or suffer from allergies.
Clean filters will help you breathe better and ensure that your system will operate more efficiently, leading to lower energy costs.
2. Check your vents and ducts
This one is easy: just go around the house and perform a visual inspection of your vents and air grilles. Make sure they aren’t blocked or obstructed. A blockage can prevent air from moving properly, causing your system to overheat, your home to feel less comfortable and your bank account to shrink.
3. Have your components cleaned
As your heating system moves warm air around your home, it also pulls in dirt, dust and other allergens. All this material builds up over time and can lead to problems. Dirt and debris can clog your airflow, prevent even cooling and heating and eventually trigger a mechanical breakdown.
A professional HVAC repair technician can clean your system, while also letting you know if they’ve spotted any malfunctioning components or other issues.
Your furnace is like most other machines: it has moving parts, which need to be lubricated. Once this lubrication begins to diminish, it creates friction, which can damage components. By including proper lubrication of moving parts in your HVAC maintenance, you’ll have confidence that your unit keeps running efficiently.
5. Power levels
Your HVAC repair technician they can examine the electrical components of your system as well as the mechanical aspects. This means checking circuit boards, connectors, wiring and heat sequencers to be sure your system continues to provide you the heat – or cool air – you need.
Do you need a maintenance plan for your HVAC system? All Seasons Comfort Control can help. Our maintenance plans offers these benefits:
- We’ll perform a general inspection to make sure your system is operating correctly.
- We’ll make sure the thermostat is properly calibrated, test and clean the blower, and clean, flush and inspect all condensate lines and pipes.
- We’ll clean dirt, dust and debris from the system and its accessories, check and seal air leaks, and make sure flue pipes are properly sealed.
- We’ll check the burner assembly, heat exchanger and ignition source to make sure they’re functional and inspect and test system controls.
- We’ll examine combustion draft motors, gas valve operations, furnace protection devices, and test refrigerant pressures.
- We’ll look for gas leaks, check carbon monoxide levels in your home and test your CO detectors.
These are all standard parts of our maintenance service. Customers who choose our gold and platinum can enjoy added benefits, such as Saturday appointments, same-day service and discounts of at least 10 percent on HVAC repairs.
Contact us today and let us get started on giving your HVAC system the love and care it deserves.